Ansbach Elementary School provides many excellent opportunities to encourage and support all students' intellectual, physical, social, emotional and creative development and prepare them to meet the challenges of a dynamic and diverse world community.
Learning is a lifelong journey to becoming ones' best self. All students can learn and achieve academic success.
To be successful in the future, students must be able to:
- Find, analyze and creatively use information to solve personal and community problems.
- Communicate effectively.
- Adapt to change
- Respect those whose look or belief is different from our own
- Use technology for varied purposes.
- Work productively as a member of a team.
Our School Improvement Action Plan:
All students will increase their READING abilities across the curriculum through reading strategies measured TerraNova 3rd Edition, STAR, SRI, DRA and Literacy Place tests by 2011
- Indicators of success: student scores will reflect a significant increase in reading, writing and comprehension by the end of the 2011 school year.
- Intervention(s): AR, test-taking strategies, and Guided Reading.
All students will increase their MATHEMATICAL abilities in problem solving across the curriculum through strategies measured by TerraNova 3rd Edition, EOY Math Test, Mid-Year local assessment by 2011.
- Indicators of success – students scores will reflect their ability to problem solve at or above grade level by the end of the year.
- Intervention(s): Daily Word Problem, UPSL, Math Magician.